Commercial engineer – London
The Commercial engineer will be responsible for response and preventative planned maintenance of the energy centre, which provides the heat to domestic dwellings. In addition, there will be a requirement to provide out of hours on call support to these activities within a structured on-call rota basis.
- Response service fault diagnosis, repair and renewal works
- Planned preventative maintenance works
- Maintenance and upkeep of Plant Room and associated equipment
- Working Health & Safety practice
- Ability to fault find and diagnose on boilers and plant
- Engineering qualification to a minimum NVQ level within a related field, with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Current technical background, preferably building services engineering related
- Good communicator, able to work and adapt in a fast-moving industry
- Gas Safe commercial qualified
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in plant rooms, commercial boiler repair and maintenance
- Experience of working in the construction industry, have a knowledge and understanding of communal and district heating
- Experience of building services engineering, within district and community heating would be preferred
- NVQ level standard in a related discipline, standard development training will be part of the role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of dealing with technical building services systems and related products
- A good technical understanding and previous experience in a similar services industry.
- Experience within this area and have a clear understanding of the need to provide high levels of customer satisfaction.